Finals! I'm done!

Tomorrow is our art deadline for the semester! We still have two weeks of school after that, but that will be much calmer. Meanwhile, the studio has been abuzz with folks working non-stop. Everybody has been walking around like sleep-deprived zombies. Some from not being quite ready, some from just being nervous. (I fall into the second camp.) I had a critique meeting with my teachers this morning, so I used the opportunity to show them my presentation and make sure it all looked good. And here it is (drum roll please)...

If you click on the image, it will open a larger version in a new window.

      If you've been following my blog, you know what most of this is... Starting from the left is my screen print project (which is also stuck to the window), then my book binding results, my almanac, the hand-printed labels, my provisional statement, my term paper on Tricksters, and the related illustration project, my work on a dummy I've been messing with called My Day By Fish, an Automatic Drawing project, another project which I came in with and can't talk about, a summary of my blog (which also counts as my Almanac since I've been using it to record my experiences), my linocuts, the treasure box exercise, my 5-foot-tall cat from our performance art piece at beginning of term, and my figure drawing exercises.
     Oh! And the most important thing is the bowl of chocolates sitting atop my provisional statement with the label, "Bribe."
     WHEW!!!
     This is ONE semester's worth of effort! I have chased so many rabbit holes, tried new methods and experimented with new media. I have been challenged, intrigued, and mostly had a whole lot of fun! I would call it work, but it's only work if you'd rather be doing something else, and I wouldn't! I have been having a BLAST! I wonder what next semester holds?
     Meanwhile, I need some serious naps...

No comments: