My French Parents...


Did you know I was an exchange student in Paris while I was in college? I stayed with the most lovely family in the 16th arrondissement and have happily stayed in touch with them ever since. I think of them as my French Family, of Claude e Monique as my French Parents, and they think of me as their American daughter. Over the years I've visited them several times in Paris and Blois and at their country house south of Paris, although never often enough. They even visited us once before in America, when we were still living in our log cabin in the woods.
     So I was thrilled to be able to show them my home town when they recently came to America to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. They visited Yellowstone National Park and saw tons of bison and elk, then came through Atlanta where we got to take them out to dinner and spend some time.
     Why am I sharing this on my blog? Because they're two people who mean the world to me and being an exchange student was one of the most transformative experiences of my life. If you're ever in a position to consider hosting an exchange student, I highly encourage it. The experience will open up worlds for you, and maybe even change your life! (It did mine!)

No comments: