I'm on BRAIN BURPS ABOUT BOOKS!!!

I am so thrilled to be on Katie Davis' brilliant podcast all about Kids Lit, Brain Burps About Books. She interviewed me about my novel, A BIRD ON WATER STREET and she asked some great questions, which I humbly think you really might enjoy hearing the answers to. CLICK HERE to go listen!
     And by the way - to give credit where it's due... I completely butchered my talented designer's name. Bad me!!! She is Leslie Iorillo and she came up with that iconic and symbolic image which graces the cover of the book. Also, my publisher is LITTLE PICKLE PRESS - love them! They are a Certified B Corp, which means they operate in an environmentally friendly manner - which is so appropriate for my book. ABOWS is printed on recycled paper with soy ink - as it should be. My publisher is Rana DiOrio. My editor who I gushed about is Tanya Egan Gibson. And my publicist is Heather Lennon. Audrey Lintner actually came up with that amazing tagline, "When the birds return to water street, will anybody be left to hear them sing"? Truly, my barrel of pickles has been amazing and I can't recommend them enough!!!
    A BIRD ON WATER STREET is available now in e-book formats and will be officially released in print on May 7th - although early copies are sneaking out to some of my speaking engagements now. Here's a list of my upcoming events:
April 4-5, 2014 Blue Ridge, Georgia: Blue Ridge Writers Conference
April 9-11, 2014 Hattiesburg, Mississippi: Fay B. Kaigler Children's Book Festival
April 24, 2014 Huntsville, Alabama: Alabama Library Association Annual Convention
May 8, 2014, Little Shop of Stories, Decatur, Georgia, 7:00pm: Launch Party—everybody is welcome!
May 10, 2014, Blue Ridge, Georgia - the Blue Ridge Mountain Arts Association, open to the public!
May 17, 2014, The CITY of Copperhill, Tennessee (where the story takes place) is going to throw a city-wide shindig for ABOWS - open to the public!
August 29-31, 2014 Decatur, Georgia: The Decatur Book Festival
October 17-18, 2014 Auburn, Alabama: The Auburn Writer's Conference
     Oh! And I can't believe I didn't mention that ABOWS has already won an award as a Southern Independent Booksellers Association Spring OKRA PICK!!! GADS, how did I forget to mention THAT?
     Also, CONGRATULATIONS Katie on her new YA, DANCING WITH THE DEVIL! Thanks again for having me on chickie!

No comments: