Appalachian Culture and Google Alerts!


I LOVE Google Alerts. If I didn't have my name and books listed there I probably wouldn't have heard about a fantastic project recently created at Dixie Elementary Magnet School in Lexington, Kentucky. Their inspired teachers and supporters recently hosted a week-long project exploring traditional folktales and how the arts connect diverse cultures. It was written up in their All About Kids online magazine.
     Do you recognize some of the art in their mural? Yup, they featured Paco and the Giant Chile Plant and Soap, soap, soap. I was so tickled, I contacted the school and I now I will have the great pleasure to meet these talented kids and inspired teachers in person during a school visit this March. I can't wait!

Go to my visits page to learn more about inviting me to your school!

2 comments:

Donna Perugini said...

Another reason to use Google Alerts!

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Indeed!
:)
e