3/50 - Spend Locally This Holiday Season!


To summarize from the website (click the logo to learn more):
3 - What three independently owned businesses would you miss in your community if they disappeared?
50 - If half the employed population spent $50 each month in locally owned independent businesses, it would generate more than $42.6 billion in revenue.
68 - For every $100 spent locally, $68 returns to the community through taxes, payroll, etc. In a national chain, only $43 stays in your community. Online - nothing.
1 - The number of people it takes to start the trend. You.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Kim Norman referred me to your blog and you are one talented lady! I enjoyed this posting. My first thought on a small mom and pop business is the coffee shop near me. I order my flavored syrups from them because they will let me order whatever flavor the company carries and Monin carries a lot of flavors. After reading this post, I will be one of the citizens to place a monthly order from them from now on. I won't always do $50 but I'll probably do $30, easily.

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

Thanks Kathy!
And good for you!
:)
e