Savannah Children's Book Festival Wrap-Up

The weather was perfect, the crowds were huge. It couldn't have been a better weekend for book lovers and readers at the Savannah Children's Book Festival this past weekend.
     Friday evening the Live Oaks Library threw a low-country boil with some of the best shrimp I've ever had. They also let us illustrators loose in a special corner of the kids library - we got to draw on the walls. That knight needed a dragon by golly!

     Here I am with Joe Davich of the Georgia Center for the book, and my kind hostess Janet Langford:

     I also got to hang with talents Miss Rosa, Kyle Puttkammer, Antonio Sacre, Charles R. Smith Jr., Michael White, Dave Biedrzycki, Lucy Nolan, and Laurel Snyder.
     It was also cool to see our Storybook Look show at the library - and Liz's work.

     I spoke twice on Saturday. Hubbie says I'm a goof - I have no idea what he means....

and the day was a huge success for everybody, including the SCBWI Southern Breeze tent run by Daniel Powers, Susan Spain and PJ Shaw. We all had dinner that night (with Daniel's wife Silke too). What a great, great day.
     Sunday, Stan and I wandered around downtown, found a great breakfast place, then meandered home. *sigh* All weekends should be this good.

Want to get a feel for what the festival was like? Kyle Puttkammer shot some great video of his Galaxy Man table and the fantastic crowds. See it HERE.

No comments: